Options

CCNA Exams

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been thinking if it's time to start thinking about getting my CCNA and since this is a great site to get good advice, I decided to drop by just to get a point of opinions and advice as to how the CCNA exams are setup.

Basically how many questions are on the Exams? How many sessions are there in the Exams? What is the Passing Score? and what does anyone who's already done CCNA suggest to use for studies. Would appreciate it.

I'm currently A+ and N+ certified. I want to get started with MCDST but since my current job is seriously so Network Base I think I should rather start my CCNA. My current job is basically what Networking is all about. Wirring, terminations, set up patch panels, set up the servers, setup the digital and analog phone systems, mount the servers, build domains, and so and so for. I mean everything done from the ground up.... you name it. If you call yourself a network genius or Guru, you better know where the cables are coming from....!!!

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

Basically how many questions are on the Exams? How many sessions are there in the Exams? What is the Passing Score?

These questions break the NDA. No one can answer them.
    and what does anyone who's already done CCNA suggest to use for studies. Would appreciate it.

There are several threads on this topic check the faqs for excellent advice
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html

I would say that the Todd Lamele and the Wendel Odom books are popular.
    Real equipment is best (for the most part) but Packet Tracer can be used to get through the CCNA.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Basically how many questions are on the Exams? How many sessions are there in the Exams? What is the Passing Score? and what does anyone who's already done CCNA suggest to use for studies. Would appreciate it.

http://cisco.com/go/certification

Most of what you want to know is publicly available information and on those pages (and it all depends on whether or not you take the 2 exam option, or the composite)

As far as the actual content of the exam goes, that would be breaking the NDA (and again, it all depends on whether which path you choose, you're likely to see more sims with the 2 exam option than you are with the composite option)