Options

Windows XP Built In Security Groups, needing more info...

So I'm still chugging away on 70-270 and in the Exam Cram book, there is a brief mention of the Built-In Security Groups. Talks about the following:

-Everyone
-Authenticated Users
-Creater Owner
-Create Group
-Network
-Interactive
-Anonymous Logon
-Dialup
-Remote Interactive Logon
-Terminal Server User

Basically talks about how these groups can be applied to anyone who logs into a computer.

Doesn't give anymore detail then that. Did find the following website that had a bit more info:

Increasing Security with Limited User Accounts and Restricted Groups

Looks like from MMC, an admin can look at the security groups. However when I did that, not seeing anything where you can add users into these groups.

Can anyone help fill in the cracks here?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Those are actually the built-in system groups. You don't see them when you administer groups, but are used to assign permissions and / or rights to resources. You don't modify the specific member ships of these groups.

For example. If you have a folder called secret, you can click the sharing tab and share the resource with everyone and then lock it down further with NTFS permissions.

I hope that helps you out.