Options

Score higher than 840 to pass? What does that mean?

fesodesfesodes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've been reading through messages about passing scores for the CCNA, CCNA Intro exams. From what I read, you need a score of 850 or above to pass. But what exactly does that mean? Lets say the exam contains 50 questions. Does that mean you need 85% of the 50 question (which is about 43 questions) correct to pass?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    It depends. Some questions are weighted more than others, so while there's a hard and fast score you have to have in order ot pass, there is no hard and fast number of questions that you have to get right in order to pass. Make sure you nail the router sims though, they're weighted more heavily than anything else
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    Promedia-77Promedia-77 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes thats what exactly it means, as my instructer says too, you can only have 7 questions wrong. Make sure know your Routing Protocols, their AD and make sure you are quick with IP addressing, that includes, VLSM, CIDR, Subnetting.

Also make sure you know how to configure OSPF and EIGRP, baring in mind, OSPF uses Process Ids ( router ospf 10 ) and EIGRP uses AS numbers ( router eigrp 10 ). IGRP and EIGRP must have the same AS for it to exchange routing updates.

Make sure you know where they keep routing tables, and what tables are used in both OSPF and EIGRP. For students and collegues that are currently on the CCNA course, make sure you read your chapters at least 4 times online and atleast twice on the book version. Take notes when reading, and use the notes, you will need every second of it.