Options

Going to take TUC first

FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I am going to take TUC first--I've never set up a production CM/CUCM system from scratch--instead I'm always debugging/troubleshooting existing installations (and other VoIP systems). So it seems logical to me to take TUC first.

Agreed?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    FattyAcid wrote: »
    Agreed?
    icon_scratch.gif

Nope.

Probably not a good idea unless you've been troubleshooting everything else Cisco Voice at an enterprise level. TUC is going to test you on anything "troubleshooting" that you should have learned from ALL the other exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    +1 for Mike

Cisco will expect you to have the knowledge from the prior exam to answer the questions following cisco best practice. Experience is great for on the real world but its never the same as testing conditions.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Agreed - The study material for TUC is basically CVOICE, CIPT1, CIPT2, and QOS :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    The TUC exam is prob one of the easyiest out of the CCVP. I'm actually taking mine at Cisco Live this year as my free exam. If your troubleshooting is where you say its at, I think that after you do the CBT nuggets and some reading you will do fine.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related