The onward march

daveccnadaveccna Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I just finished a week of full time training on routing and switching, it was actually fairly interesting.

For me the best parts were the theory associated with specific routing protocols and the practical labs involving use of the various protocols. It was definately useful to me to use physical apparatus rather than virtualisation (which I may include in my CCNP training).

Parts which I found to be more bitty included information on some of the physical layer protocols and the differing sorts of connection to the internet (which I see as being less relevant to the role that the CCNA person takes on).

Just thought I'd share...
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
-Sun Tzu-

Comments

• blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    daveccna wrote: »

Parts which I found to be more bitty included information on some of the physical layer protocols.....

..and a geeky sense of humour - you'll fit right in here. ;)
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I enjoy alot of the theory behind most of the OSI layer protocols. I actually gotten into studing the Layers more.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.