Options

Exam Cost

How much is the exam cost for CCNA: Security? I am seeing something like 250$ ? this is outrageous...

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, that $250 sounds right.

It's a quality certification from a name vendor. You could save a few bucks and get the Security+ instead. :D

Check for vouchers. If you're ready to take the exam, you can try to find a deal on a voucher with a close expiration date.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    $250 to invest in your self is outrages? I'd say the roi is well worth it. Maybe not an immediately but it will pay for itself eventually icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    I will have to agree with you Laidbackfreak, with the cost in hand it will just make me want to be an expert cause I want the best bang for my bucks, hopefully my next job will pay for reimbursements.
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    mikej412 wrote: »

It's a quality certification from a name vendor. You could save a few bucks and get the Security+ instead. :D

Check for vouchers. If you're ready to take the exam, you can try to find a deal on a voucher with a close expiration date.

I could buy a nice car with all the certification you got Mike, and alot of beers icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    How much is the exam cost for CCNA: Security? I am seeing something like 250$ ? this is outrageous...
    I was commenting on that myself earlier today :) I guess now that we have our CCNAs we can afford to pay the big bucks for these exams ;)

Sure is some serious motivation to know your stuff before taking the exam though! I got used to paying $125 for the ICND1/2 exams... so failing one wasn't a huge issue for me. But @ $250 I am going to make sure I am comfortable with all topics before I go in and take the CCNAS. Or is it called the CCSA?? Either way, just scheduled it for this Saturday. Should be lots of fun... icon_wink.gif
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    250?? It seems like yesterday they were 150!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Stotic wrote: »
    250?? It seems like yesterday they were 150!

Specializations were $250 from the start.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikej412 wrote: »

Actually the Security+ is $8 more icon_wink.gif

Personally I think the CCNA:Security is plenty worth the cost. I will eventually go down the CCSP path.