Options

Which Cert help please

JonnyWJonnyW Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI there. I hope kind sole can steer me in the right direction. Just a bit of back ground. I work as a IT Support for a large American Insurance company here in Belfast NI. I work in a team of 3 and look after 1200+ users on an XP domain. I look after PC deployment iso images, 2003 server, network issues, vopi phones, blackberries etc. Basically if it does not work I fix it. Very busy role.

Anyway. I do not have any certs and have been doing this job for 6yrs with no career advancement in the job I do, so I am bit stuck, and would like to get a better paid job. I was lucky enough to get on a MS 6419A Server 2008 course this week, but it was a bit rushed. SHould I keep studying up on the 08 course as I have access to the course files and virtual HD so I can do it again or should I do an ITIL and work my way u the cert ladder to MS certs.

What home set up do you have to help you study in your spare time?

Many thanks
Jonny

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd focus on the MS stuff while you're into it. If you're going in that direction, you'll probably find there's a lot of exams you're interested in. I'd mix in things like ITIL, Security+, etc. when you're feeling burnt out with the MS material.

Welcome to the forums!