Hey everyone!

Daniel DDaniel D Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I feel like I will be around here for quite some time, so I think a proper introduction is needed. I've been around for a couple months now, but never got around to registering. My name is Daniel, I'm a 21 year old (Jan 13th) from Goodyear, AZ. I have no tech certifications, but I plan on studying and taking the A+ and Network+ exams by the end of 2010. If I have time I want to get a Security+ cert also, so I don't have to retake it every 3 years. At least that's how I think it works right now. It doesn't seem like a very unrealistic goal.

I have been using computers for about 10 years now, and have been fascinated by them since I was younger. I remember watching my uncle build a computer, after purchasing all his parts from Frys electronics in LA. It was so amazing to me. I just recently built a computer, and it doesn't seem to be as hard as I remember it. Everything is color coded and labeled.

I have such a high interest in technology, and everything that comes with it. Ultimately I want to obtain a CCIE specialized in security. I screwed up when I was younger, I didn't think getting a job was worth it at the time. I was a little skate rat, I went skateboarding up and down different cities in California. I never had a drive to do anything. I always laughed when my mom said "I would give anything to go back to school," because I thought she was bogus. Now I understand what she meant.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons, to introduce myself, and to find other Phoenix area members to get in touch with. I figure I can get a little boost by asking my forum neighbors where I can take tests in this area, among many other things. I'm so ready to start cramming everything I possibly can into my brain.

I'm pretty sick right now, so if this comes out sloppy I will fix it!

Cheers,
Daniel

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Daniel D wrote: »
    I was a little skate rat, I went skateboarding up and down different cities in California. I never had a drive to do anything.
    Actually, you had the drive to skateboard. Some people never even had that. Turn some of that focus to your studies and you'll do fine.
    I always laughed when my mom said "I would give anything to go back to school," because I thought she was bogus. Now I understand what she meant.
    Sounds like you owe your mom an extra special mother's day this year. :D

Welcome to the TechExams.Net forums icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm pretty sick right now, so if this comes out sloppy I will fix it!

Uh, that's what she said?

Welcome to the forums! :D
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was a little skate rat, I went skateboarding up and down different cities in California.

First off, Welcome!

Secondly, you ever do any skating in Nor Cal? Hubba's Hideout? Pier 39? Embarcadero? I used to spend a lot of time at these spots.
  • Daniel DDaniel D Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

No, I lived way down south. I skated in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, La Quinta, and Cathedral City.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome mate.

Sounds like you have some goals, good luck to you.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.