Options

This can't be accurate

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
While this may show what the popularity of these certs may be the salary figures are clearly off:

Brocade BCNE most valuable cert on earth | NetworkWorld.com Community

Comments

• Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Probably because like 5 people have it, and they all happen to be making a lot of money.
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    True, I was more shock by what they listed as salary for A+ certified people
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's because pretty much everyone has an A+. Those aren't people that only have an A+.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. At least since the last time I've looked at one of those. If I knew thats all I had to do to get $95k I would have done the JNCIA-ER when it was free!

The objectives for the BCNE look like its not even on par with the CCNA and the free study guide download doesn't seem to go into much depth coming in at a grand total of 46 pages.

BCNE in a Nutshell Study Guide for Exam 150-120
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    True, I was more shock by what they listed as salary for A+ certified people

Like many on that site already said, low level cert salaries can be skewed by people who hold higher level positions and certifications. How many CCIEs started out with A+ and N+ 15 years ago but now make $180k as a network manager in Boston?
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    It sounds more like it should be listed as "Average Salary ( x $100.00)"
  • Options
    And how would someone with one of the CCNA specializations earn less than someone with the CCNA? Last time I checked you had to have the CCNA to get one of the specializations....
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I love these things, haha. Apparently CCNAs make more than I do... and I'm getting far less than a CCNP should be making.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    For those of you wondering how a CCNA makes more than a CCNA:S or :V, it's because the certification is newer. Let me throw this one at you from the Certification Magazine article:

MCSE - 95.2k
    MCSE 2003 - 87.79k
    MCITP - 82.26k

According to those figures, an NT4 MCSE is worth more than an MCSE in 2003 or MCITP:EA in 2008. This is most likely because people with old NT4 MCSEs are now in management where they make more money and don't maintain their certifications. Even if they hold an updated cert, they have the experience to lead teams or demand higher salaries. Same goes for CCNAs who are now CCNPs, CCIEs, or managers who aren't going back and getting a CCNA:V specialization. Those people at the high end are skewing the low end results.
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I need a raise. :)
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    For those of you wondering how a CCNA makes more than a CCNA:S or :V, it's because the certification is newer. Let me throw this one at you from the Certification Magazine article:

MCSE - 95.2k
    MCSE 2003 - 87.79k
    MCITP - 82.26k

According to those figures, an NT4 MCSE is worth more than an MCSE in 2003 or MCITP:EA in 2008. This is most likely because people with old NT4 MCSEs are now in management where they make more money and don't maintain their certifications. Even if they hold an updated cert, they have the experience to lead teams or demand higher salaries. Same goes for CCNAs who are now CCNPs, CCIEs, or managers who aren't going back and getting a CCNA:V specialization. Those people at the high end are skewing the low end results.

Haha, I'm not wondering how, just pointing out how out of touch with reality this thing actually is.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It depends on where you live. In my neck of the woods, those figures are about right if not a little low. They would however be off for most of the country.