After my ccna, what next

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
I'm a voice guy, work on a Nortel CS-2100 large carrier grade tdm and voip switch. My goal is ccvp, after I pass the ccna( I hope in the next 4 months). should I go CCNA voice then CCVP, or go CCNP then CCVp.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    ToddB wrote: »
    I'm a voice guy, work on a Nortel CS-2100 large carrier grade tdm and voip switch. My goal is ccvp, after I pass the ccna( I hope in the next 4 months). should I go CCNA voice then CCVP, or go CCNP then CCVp.
    To get the CCNV Voice I believe you have a choice of two exams-

640-460 CCNA Voice
    or
    642-432 CVoice

642-432 is one of the exam requirements on the CCVP so you can get the CCNA V and make a start on the CCVP at the same time.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While it makes sense to do the CCNP first and then work on one of the more specialized professional level certifications afterwards, the fact you're already a voice guy makes you more valuable as a CCVP right now. If you do well with the CCNA, then go for the CCVP and back fill the CCNP later.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • caomeiqincaomeiqin Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you can jion ccnp exam,ccnp exam code :642-825,845,892 or 642-901,812,825,845,
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    mikej412 wrote: »
    While it makes sense to do the CCNP first and then work on one of the more specialized professional level certifications afterwards, the fact you're already a voice guy makes you more valuable as a CCVP right now. If you do well with the CCNA, then go for the CCVP and back fill the CCNP later.

I 2nd what Mike said. It makes the most sense.