Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    D-boy wrote:
    Do I need to know Subnetting for the 70-215 exam? icon_eek.gif

icon_cry.gif Anyone out there?
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Your scared to death of Subnetting. I've read posts from you before about subnetting. You don't need it for this exam..Once you get into CCNA and so - on, you'll need to learn it. My advice to you is - LEARN SUBNETTING and never worry about it agin, its actually not that hard once you see it in your head. Just do it. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_redface.gif I was just wondering if it's on the exam... Yes even IP addressing is icon_eek.gif to me! I know I will have to learn it one day but I would rather wait until I really need too as I'm having a hard time trying to get my head around the functions and features of Windows 2000 server for the 70-215 exam.

Thanks for your advice!

D-boy!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Just as long you know the three classes, A, B, and C, you're ok. Class A is 1-126, Class B is 128-191, and Class C is 192-223, take notice 127 is not in tany range, sue to it being a loopback reserved address.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Actually, you may need to know how to use a custom subnet mask and at the very least be able to determine which subnet a given ip belongs to. I had at least 2 questions of that nature on the 70-215.

And even though 127 isn't able to be assigned, it's bit pattern still classifies it as a class A
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=