HP Pavilion 7130P Modem problem

mmmacwmmmacw Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just acquired a HP Pavilion 7130P which has a 2GB HDD running Win 95. When I got it the hard drive had been corrupted (over 1/3 of it had bad sectors) Since there was no recovery disks nor does HP have them for that unit any longer I purchased a retail Win 95 and Fdisk, Format then installed the retail win 95. Now the modem will not work. HP says that I can use any Hayes compatible drivers (ones in the win 95 os) but none of them will work. I have tried at least 6 different ones. I can not find out what kind of modem it is to pick the correct one out. On the modem is says "model ID 1128HVT1/R12" Does anyone know what modem this is? or where can I go on the net to find out. I have tried several places like Kingli but I can not find it.
Please Help.

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i think windows has a modem called "general modem" or "standard modem" or something like that. that is probably the driver hp are telling you to use.
    A+ Moderator
  • mmmacwmmmacw Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried to use the standard modem and it would not recognize it either. Do you think that the Win 95 instalation disks could be corrupted since they are now more than 5 years old?
    It is odd that I have two HP's and both of them I had to reformat the HDD and now I am having problems with the modems on both of them. The other has a win 98 os.