how diff btw 70-640 & 83-640??
I can find english version of 70-640
only 83-640

I have all study material for 70-640 only
thank you

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I studied for the 70-640 and took (and passed) the 83-640. Content is the same, make sure you can do everything in the labs.
  • Options
    poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    I studied for the 70-640 and took (and passed) the 83-640. Content is the same, make sure you can do everything in the labs.

in the labs?? what labs?
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    poguy wrote: »
    in the labs?? what labs?
    The labs in your study material. The difference between 70-640 and 83-640 is the 83 has simulations, so you need hands on experience with the material to be successful on the exam.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    The labs in your study material. The difference between 70-640 and 83-640 is the 83 has simulations, so you need hands on experience with the material to be successful on the exam.

I see, if I do all the labs in the Microsoft Press Training Kit for 70-640, is it enough?? do I have to do some others?
    Thanks
  • Options
    I see, if I do all the labs in the Microsoft Press Training Kit for 70-640, is it enough?? do I have to do some others?
    Thanks

You should use some practice tests to make sure you are actually getting it. That with the book and the labs should be enough. If you arn't doing well enough on the practice tests you might consider some additional training like CBT Nuggets or another book.
  • Options
    rsutton wrote: »
    You should use some practice tests to make sure you are actually getting it. That with the book and the labs should be enough. If you arn't doing well enough on the practice tests you might consider some additional training like CBT Nuggets or another book.

what is the most difficult exam lab question like?? I want to get a feeling of it. thx
  • Options
    what is the most difficult exam lab question like?? I want to get a feeling of it. thx

That is why you should use practice tests. I didn't find any of the Sims on the exam to be more difficult than the labs in the book. Saying more than that is probably violating the NDA.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268

Either setup a lab and do the practice questions in the MS Press book or get Transcenders 83-640 exam. I am just doing it now. The lab section of it is very impressive. You get a thorough explanation and even a little video clip of how to complete the required task. If you want a feel for real exam senario then it is definitely worth it.
  • Options
    mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this exam in about 2 weeks. Are there a lot command line questions on this exam?
    In my Lab
    I have access to any cisco equipment I need
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this on Wednesday, and feel pretty good about handling anything that might come in the sims.. Most people have said there's only two (yes?), and lol most people have had their exam crash during the sim.. fingers crossed here, I'm having to go to a test center I've never been to before, due to closures of the two nearest me.

Skimming RMS, FS, and LDS, have read the CS chapters twice so far, plan on one more, and before Wednesday morning, will go through the MSPress book and MeasureUp practice test one more time as well as the TrainSignal videos.. definitely hoping for not too many command lines, but with repetition, I feel ok about narrowing down the answers and picking them out of what remains.

I tell ya, it's hard to concentrate on Superbowl Sunday, I have to pretty much lock myself away lol.

ok break's over.. lol
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later