Gateway Systems

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is a very trusted site for resources and I think that is my last resort to get some help.

So I finally decided to get this system ( Gateway desktop 500SE) out of the closet and put it together and get it ready for my networking homeworks. All went well and things looks good as far as putting all the parts together and installing XP pro. I have three things left to get done.

Video, Network and Sound controllers. I looked everywhere for it and can't find anything. The driver links that was on Gateway site never worked as it turned up to be a read only file so I was unable to run and install a driver. Gateway Tech support WOULDN'T, getting a NIC driver alone would cost me $59.99, just for the guy to email me the CORRECT link with the actual drivers. Now what kind of tech support is that? Should I be able to at least download a NIC driver with an expired warranty? I've only been in IT for 4 yrs but I've had the opportunity to do some Tech Support for some big company and I was never told not to help a user with a driver issue, I mean what a hell is going on with Gateway.

Anyway, if anyone have any idea where I could find a Nic driver/controller for a Gateway 500SE please, kindly help.

Thanks

By the way, before you buy a new PC or even get one for free for any reason, make sure you will get some help with it when you need it, especially when it MATTERS THE MOST..

I call the kind of treatment and support I got from Gateway very very POOR. Absolutely Zero class and I hope they all rot in HELL...

Comments