Ucertify

Good morning boys and girls.
How do you guys & gals feel about Ucertify?
Yes its worth the money?
No its worthless?
Simular to test?

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used them for my Server+,and Project+. Their a nice resource, I'd use them again.
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    I used Ucertify for SCJP.

I have, subsequently, seen some criticism of them. However, I discovered them by following a link from the Javaranch website, which was set up by some of the lead developers of the SCJP exam. Whilst they didn't endorse it specifically, I had gone through the Javaranch list of exam preparation resources, and felt that the Ucertify practice tests were what I was looking for.

I found that the Ucertify product was a very good preparation for a difficult exam. The explanations given for answers were comprehensive, and certainly more useful than some of the practice tests I've come across which explain answers with "Answer A is correct. Therefore answers B-D are wrong."

If anything the Ucertify tests seemed to be harder than the actual exam. I'm all for that.
    -- Dan
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I found Ucertify very helpful for the 70-270, 290, 291 and 293 tests. For the 294 the material was not very applicable, so I would pass on it for that test. It is a good resource if you buy the tests in bulk.

I also found Ucertify very helpful for 70-299 - which I am taking Friday. I also have Ucertify for 70-298 and Security+...

Overall it's worth it, but I would still go for another source like Preplogic or Transcender. This is in addition to the MS Press book and accompanying CD. The MS Press CD's are probably the hardest questions for test prep.

Hope this helps. Good luck.