Thoughts on brushing up

bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
Ok so here is my situation. I've made it through the first 9 chapters of the Wendell Odom book and felt pretty confident in the topics that I covered. I also watched some nugget videos to touch up.

I told myself I feel confident but I need to know if I really can apply this stuff so I took a custom Boson exam on all topics I had covered.

I got a 65% 29 correct and 18 wrong. Not the greatest score in the world but it's better than the 25% I got a month ago.

My question is I'm pretty confident in the concepts so how could I brush up without re reading all the chapters over again?

I was thinking of going through and maybe watching all the nugget videos over? Any one experience the same situation?

Comments

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    bcall64 wrote: »
    Ok so here is my situation. I've made it through the first 9 chapters of the Wendell Odom book and felt pretty confident in the topics that I covered. I also watched some nugget videos to touch up.

I told myself I feel confident but I need to know if I really can apply this stuff so I took a custom Boson exam on all topics I had covered.

I got a 65% 29 correct and 18 wrong. Not the greatest score in the world but it's better than the 25% I got a month ago.

My question is I'm pretty confident in the concepts so how could I brush up without re reading all the chapters over again?

I was thinking of going through and maybe watching all the nugget videos over? Any one experience the same situation?

What I do when I miss a question on a practice exam is go re-read those sections, if the test software itself doesn't provide an explanation (this is why i love Transcender, they'll tell you why the answer is the answer)

So just focus in on the areas where you're missing questions, reread those chapters if necessary, but take the opportunity the practice exam is providing you with - to show you your weak spots.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you have prepared yourself well enough with the reading but have you spent any hours on lab practice?

If you want to further grasp the information i would suggest setting up simple eigrp, ripv2, and ospf networks. Play with VTP, VLANs, STP if you have access to any 2950s. I dont remember if EtherChannel is in the ccna but practice that if so. You will need at least 3 routers and 2 switches. You can use GNS3 for the router simulations without spending a dime icon_smile.gif however i would not go into the test without any lab practice.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
    Yeah I have had some lab time with GNS3 but would really benefit from some sort of guide on labs to do. I'm planning on taking the ICND1 on March 8th.

My struggle I suppose is I need a good lab manual that would be appropriate for GNS3.