Options

CCNA and Net+

tech77tech77 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have an opinion on taking the Net+ exam after the CCNA exam? I heard an instructor suggest that you should try the Net+ because after the CCNA it would be pretty easy to pick up the Net + certification.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I would suggest take the NET+ before CCNA under a normal situation, since you have your CCNA already the NET+ will be a walk in the park. Good Luck (not that you need it). icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    tech77 wrote:
    Does anyone have an opinion on taking the Net+ exam after the CCNA exam? I heard an instructor suggest that you should try the Net+ because after the CCNA it would be pretty easy to pick up the Net + certification.

Any ideas?
    I tend to disagree. The Net+ is not vendor specific, so there are topics in the Net+ that are not covered in CCNA. I took the Net+ after my CCNA. Some of the Net+ topics are the same, but some are different. I read the Sybex Net+ book, took the test and passed it. It wasn't a walk in the park, as your instructor would seem to suggest, but neither was it extremely difficult. Keep in mind this was 4 years ago, so things have probably changed.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Network+ should be pretty easy, but I would buy a good Network+ book and study it, as there are a lot of questions that do not come up on the CCNA, such as OS options, etc. All in all,.if you passed CCNA, you should be able to get the Net+ with some extra study, and an extra cert can't hurt your resume.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    tech77tech77 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    Network+ should be pretty easy, but I would buy a good Network+ book and study it, as there are a lot of questions that do not come up on the CCNA, such as OS options, etc

Any recommendations on a good Net+ study guide? icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Mike Meyers Net+ certification guide and Techexams network+ tutorials. Since you already got past CCNA, it would probably be easy. Just as a reminder, Comptia will be upgrading Net+ soon. Good luck.
    Hard times on planet earth.