Local Group Policy to prevent software installations?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Hi, I'm deploying a new Windows 7 Pro for my family.

I would like to set it up via Local Group/Security Policy to turn off software installs
for all users, except for the administrators, which will be me. I would still like for Users and Guest to be able to download attachments likes .pdf, .mp3 and .doc.

I did some searching around the Internet and all I could find was the UAC option. And I have gone thru all of the policies, however I though maybe I was missing something.

Any recommendations?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    You could enable Applocker policies to only allow them to run apps you want them to.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    You could enable Applocker policies to only allow them to run apps you want them to.

I did think of that, however I'm not sure which apps they are going to run.

This computer is going to be in a different location then where I'm at.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I think thats possibly the only choice if you need to lock it down that far.

You could also look into Windows Steady State to just do a drive wipe when they reboot, and provide some alternate space to store documents and things.