Windows EBS or standard

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
A company I support has reached the 75 user limit for SBS. We are deciding whether to migrate them to EBS or Server 2k8 standard. Besides cost savings, is anyone aware of other benefits of using EBS compared to Standard? I did not really see any on the EBS product features page.

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Ease of administration to some degree, but it's really about the cost savings. I always have reservations about SBS, because migrating away from it or to the next version is usually a gigantic pain, but EBS from what I've seen it's easy to upgrade and what not.

At this point, if EBS looks like it will fit your needs for a long time, I'd have no reservations going that route.
    Good luck to all!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    A company I support has reached the 75 user limit for SBS. We are deciding whether to migrate them to EBS or Server 2k8 standard. Besides cost savings, is anyone aware of other benefits of using EBS compared to Standard? I did not really see any on the EBS product features page.
    Umm... Exchange, etc. I would use a transition pack license to go from SBS to EBS it will be cheaper than moving to full 2008 products.