Never hurts to start them out young.

msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
My little guy and I were watching kid's video's on Youtube since he love's to try and sing along and dance. He ended up getting bored and proceeded to find a network cable hanging from my lab and figured out where they go and how to plug them in. Next thing you know he's demanding more and having a blast :D

I should have taken an after picture, he had just about every port filled - but he did get quite frustrated when he couldn't get them to fit into the FXS ports on one of the routers :)

33clqmc.jpg

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Cute, he'll be the go to guy in school in no time.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    hehehe

Remember my now 10 year old, getting his first on line Quake kill at 7 months. I aimed, he clicked. Opponent did not seem at all impressed when I told him about it.
    Kam.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Haha, I love the pic. When's he getting his CCNA?

My daughter (4) helped me reassemble my wife's laptop after we fixed the power jack...funny thing is, I made her do the majority of the work (besides soldering..she can do that when she turns 5 ;)) ..but I don't know how much interest she has in networking. We will see!
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's a hell of a home lab there :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Gomjaba wrote: »

I was gonna say the same. Maybe he's running a hosting service from home :)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »

I just have a good ability to get slick bargains on gear :D

The latest was a pair of 2811's for the great price of free ;)

It's great fun watching him plug away though, even great listening to him try and say certain names of parts and different cables - he's about two and a half so they come out kinda funny :D
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very neat! I got into Packet and Amateur Radio by sitting on my Father's lap watching him chat with others on a dumb terminal.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since I know you are in Wisconsin, I was worried this thread was going to be about meth... ;)

I wish I could have gotten hands-on with a nice rack at that age...

Ok, sorry. I'm done :D
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    dynamik wrote: »
    Since I know you are in Wisconsin, I was worried this thread was going to be about meth... ;)

hahahahahahaha

You know, I actually originally started out the post with a brief note (but deleted it) that I fully expected dynamik to chime in with some humor (although I fully expected it to be sexual in nature - you disappoint) :D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    (although I fully expected it to be sexual in nature - you disappoint) :D

You clearly misinterpreted my second comment icon_lol.gif
    You clearly misinterpreted my second comment icon_lol.gif

I stand corrected :D

I resent the meth comment though, even though the rack of gear is just a cover to explain the power consumption of the lights in my grow room.