Options

ISP network scenario

fanhanesfanhanes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello network experts,

I am new on this forum and i would like to ask if somebody have experience with ISP network architecture. I want to simulate real network situation as you can see in screenshot but I have some problems with routing or NAT configuration or something icon_smile.gif

Situation is as follows:

I have leased some rack space in hosting center for my servers. Provider assigned me two IP address ranges.

One is 90.183.231.53/30 for outside interface of my PIX and second range is 88.103.247.209/28 which represents NAT pool for my servers.

When I want to make some server available for internet users (e.g. web server) so I configure static NAT for example 192.168.8.165 --> 88.103.247.210 on my PIX. Of course also some additional rules enabling specific ports (TCP 80,443) and so on.

So when internet user want to acccess my specific server he go to IP e.g. 88.103.247.210:80 but through outside interface with IP 90.183.231.53.

And there it is not clear for me how ISP router or something is configured? My PIX is connected just via one ethernet cable somewhere to ISP router or another active component and I don't know how.

I tried to simulate this scenario in GNS3 and I was not successfull (see attached screenshot)

Could someone explain me please how to configure ISP router (in this case R0) to be able route both different ranges via one interface to another different network?

I think it is like small internet or ISP scenario. Could be useful fo more people icon_smile.gif

Thank you for help.
Jan icon_wink.gif
LAB.JPG 29.9K

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    They're probably just using a static route.

something like ip route 88.103.247.208 255.255.255.240 90.183.231.53

So when the packet destined for somewhere on your subnet arrives at their router, it just forwards it out the interface with the 90.183.231.53 address, and then it hits your router. Since your router has your subnet in it's routing table, it delivers it from there

(excuse any mistakes with my numbers, I just finished a 14 hour shift and my mind isn't all here)
  • Options
    fanhanesfanhanes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forsaken,

thank you very much for help. This static route works fine!! You solved my problem icon_smile.gif
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    fanhanes wrote: »
    Hello network experts,

I am new on this forum and i would like to ask if somebody have experience with ISP network architecture. I want to simulate real network situation as you can see in screenshot but I have some problems with routing or NAT configuration or something icon_smile.gif

Situation is as follows:

I have leased some rack space in hosting center for my servers. Provider assigned me two IP address ranges.

One is 90.183.231.53/30 for outside interface of my PIX and second range is 88.103.247.209/28 which represents NAT pool for my servers.

When I want to make some server available for internet users (e.g. web server) so I configure static NAT for example 192.168.8.165 --> 88.103.247.210 on my PIX. Of course also some additional rules enabling specific ports (TCP 80,443) and so on.

So when internet user want to acccess my specific server he go to IP e.g. 88.103.247.210:80 but through outside interface with IP 90.183.231.53.

And there it is not clear for me how ISP router or something is configured? My PIX is connected just via one ethernet cable somewhere to ISP router or another active component and I don't know how.

I tried to simulate this scenario in GNS3 and I was not successfull (see attached screenshot)

Could someone explain me please how to configure ISP router (in this case R0) to be able route both different ranges via one interface to another different network?

I think it is like small internet or ISP scenario. Could be useful fo more people icon_smile.gif

Thank you for help.
    Jan icon_wink.gif

You could also do it this way:

ip nat inside source static tcp 88.103.247.210 80 interface {the interface used to connect to the ISP} 80

John
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    You could also do it this way:

ip nat inside source static tcp 88.103.247.210 80 interface {the interface used to connect to the ISP} 80

John

Not what he was asking. He wasn't clear how the ISP was getting packets to his IP space, and was wondering about the configuration on the ISP side, not the customers