Options

IT Jobs Magazine - Career Builders

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This caught my eye...

As of 2007, nearly 70% of IT workers had a bachelor's degree or higher.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was really hoping Flash would overtake PDF as a document standard. Thanks Career Builder. That's about as innovative as continuing to spam me with worthless job offers and advice after I've removed myself from every subscription you offer. And sologig.com sounds like something I'd pay $39.99/mo for, and not because I'm looking for jobs.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    I was really hoping Flash would overtake PDF as a document standard. Thanks Career Builder. That's about as innovative as continuing to spam me with worthless job offers and advice after I've removed myself from every subscription you offer. And sologig.com sounds like something I'd pay $39.99/mo for, and not because I'm looking for jobs.

Hm, you sound about as excited as I have been about being spammed by them... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hm, you sound about as excited as I have been about being spammed by them... icon_wink.gif

I went on a crusade to remove myself from all legitimate mailing lists to clean up my inbox. Career Builder and Apple are the only ones I can't get rid of, despite unsubscribing from every subscription in my account and from each individual email I get. I understand it somehow takes 10 days to update an email list electronically, but this has been going on for months. I want to go to careerbuilder.com on my iPhone and then smash it with a sledge hammer icon_lol.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll just start classifying their messages as spam...
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote: »

Careerbuilider is just awful. I deleted my account on there, removed my email and still get their spam. The articles on there are informative sometimes but when I registered the only calls I got were from "recruiters" calling for an "interview" and then come to find out its selling insurance...

I was like "wtf on my resume would say I have any interest selling insurance".

I got my last job off HotJobs but I see its become a spam filled hell hole in the last five years.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    What ive never understood about Careerbuilder is that they send the job match emails and every job is something totally unrelated to IT and even says " no match" or "minimal match" under each job, but then I can go to their site and search for IT jobs and find a couple that match what I do.

Confused is an understatement.
  • Options
    hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    What ive never understood about Careerbuilder is that they send the job match emails and every job is something totally unrelated to IT and even says " no match" or "minimal match" under each job, but then I can go to their site and search for IT jobs and find a couple that match what I do.

Confused is an understatement.
    Yeah, they suck.