Exchange and DDNS?

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
Anyone set up exchange to use dynamic dns for the external domain?

I have a domain name and I need to lab some exchange 07 and 10, id like to test it all the way out to the interwebs but I only have a dynamic IP with Comcast.

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use dyndns as hosting and dyndns updater to keep my IP current on their servers. Works great. Can't receive e-mails though, since port 25 is blocked by my ISP.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I use dyndns as hosting and dyndns updater to keep my IP current on their servers. Works great. Can't receive e-mails though, since port 25 is blocked by my ISP.

I didnt think of port 25 being blocked. I bet it is. icon_sad.gif

EDIT: apparently comcast only blocks 25 when people abuse it. So that might be ok. I'll look into dyndns
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was a service that I used a few years ago, you could point your Internet MX record to their server and then they would forward it to your home IP on a different port number. Was the only option I had on residential Time Warner cable at the time because of port 25 being blocked; it worked pretty well. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...