Book: windows 2003 on hp proliant servers

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What did you like best about it?
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    What is so special about an HP Proliant that it needs its own book?
    Many people do not know that they come with bagel toasters and can produce corned beaf for rubens when configured properly.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    What is so special about an HP Proliant that it needs its own book?

This would be my exact question.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Many people do not know that they come with bagel toasters and can produce corned beaf for rubens when configured properly.
    Mmm. Sounds good. Maybe I should check to see if my ML115s can do that as well.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Mmm. Sounds good. Maybe I should check to see if my ML115s can do that as well.

Standard on all ML-XXX G4 series and up :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    All of our servers are proliants running 2k3. Thought I'd share the find and hoped it would be useful for others, guess I was way off. Of well, so much for trying....
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No one was ragging on you for sharing a resource. It's just funny that the book features HP servers, since Server 2003 will function the same regardless of hardware. It just seemed a bit goofy.
    phoeneous wrote: »
    All of our servers are proliants running 2k3. Thought I'd share the find and hoped it would be useful for others, guess I was way off. Of well, so much for trying....

I asked you what you liked best about it because I want to know. I would say 90% of my servers are ProLiant and they all run Server 2003.

I was just joking about the bagels and rubens and the joke wasn't even directed at the idea of the book nor was it directed at you. I frequently say something similar when anyone talks about the features of a computer system. When I installed two new rack servers at my place sopme one asked what the difference was between the tower servers and the new ones and I said the new ones make pizzas, in addition to being servers.

If you get offended everytime someone makes a joke on this forum within one of your threads you are going to be offended a lot. You should know THAT by now. How many times have threads degenerated into Dynamik's mom jokes or stories about eMeS' nocturnal exploits in the NOC?

I found the idea of the book interesting, but I am not going to bother buying it until I know why you liked it and found it useful. Not a single review on Amazon had any details that pertain to why the book has any utility over any other Server 2003 book...
    I asked you what you liked best about it because I want to know. I would say 90% of my servers are ProLiant and they all run Server 2003.

I was just joking about the bagels and rubens and the joke wasn't even directed at the idea of the book nor was it directed at you. I frequently say something similar when anyone talks about the features of a computer system. When I installed two new rack servers at my place sopme one asked what the difference was between the tower servers and the new ones and I said the new ones make pizzas, in addition to being servers.

If you get offended everytime someone makes a joke on this forum within one of your threads you are going to be offended a lot. You should know THAT by now. How many times have threads degenerated into Dynamik's mom jokes or stories about eMeS' nocturnal exploits in the NOC?

I found the idea of the book interesting, but I am not going to bother buying it until I know why you liked it and found it useful. Not a single review on Amazon had any details that pertain to why the book has any utility over any other Server 2003 book...

I wasnt offended at all, just thought the find would be appreciated. We use a ton of HP Insight Manager and other tools specific to just Proliants which is why I find the book useful. I never go by reviews on Amazon, I always go to a book store and browse the book to see what its like. I didnt see this one at the store but it seems pretty relevant to my environment so I got it. Besides, work paid for it.

This is what caught my attention:

-Systems Insight Manager, Rapid Deployment Pack (RDP), and other powerful ProLiant tools

-Leveraging new enhancements to High Availability Clustering, Terminal Services, and much more

-Case study: the first enterprise VPN environment ever deployed on Windows Server 2003 technology

-Specific ProLiant server configuration recommendations for diverse business environments

-Fast, efficient troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques
    dynamik wrote: »
    No one was ragging on you for sharing a resource. It's just funny that the book features HP servers, since Server 2003 will function the same regardless of hardware. It just seemed a bit goofy.

Try to think of it as more of an HP Proliant book than a 2k3 book. Much like if the book were for Dell PowerEdge servers running 2k3, same difference. This book just shows you how to use the features and hardware in a Proliant with 2k3. Far from goofy if you ask me.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Much like if the book were for Dell PowerEdge servers running 2k3.

Now THAT would be a handy book. icon_lol.gif
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How many times have threads degenerated into Dynamik's mom jokes or stories about eMeS' nocturnal exploits in the NOC?

Or both mentioned in the same post for that matter! BOOOOOOOM. Hi5 eMes

How many ways are there to skin a cat though? I mean Proliant servers are nice, very easy to setup with RDP as you have said above, but the technologies remain the same per vendor, just different implementations. You would be better saving your cash and reading the HP documents, which is what I have done in previous instances. Quickspecs and HP Product bulletin tools also help.

Just food for thought.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.