GRE/ipsec juniper SSG5

ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
im trying to configure and gre/ipsec tunnel between a 2821 and a juniper ssg5,
i can get the tunnel interface up but i'd like to encrypt the gre packets with an ipsec tunnel on both ends, how do i set an gre/ipsec tunnel on the Juniper ssg5?

Comments

• ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    does any one knows where i can get free support on a juniper ssg5?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Unfortunately there's not to many people here versed on the ssg firewalls. Anything Junos related and you'll get plenty of help :)

Check out the firewall section of the Juniper forms, I did a quick search on ipsec and gre and some positive hits came up.

Search - J-Net Community

HTH
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    i had to learn how the OS worked on the netscreen from scratch, read a few chapters of some books to see how the vpns worked and i got it working if any one would like to know how the gre/ipsec conifig would be on a juniper to a Cisco router. I can now say that i know some Juniper is not to hard after all
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i can try to offer you free ssg support.... but the sla will match the price tag ;)

i've recently taken a few netscreen classes, and i'm supposed to be able to support these things, so i can try to help. but i'm still primarily a junos guy and will be working more with the srx than the netscreen boxes, so we'll see how useful i am. but, i'm up for some netscreen challenges to start brushing up on it :)