Newbie question about ghosting/imaging

loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

At work, we are using Ghost to image our computers, and we have an image for every model of PCs that we have. This is probably a very stupid question, but is it possible to somehow include the drivers for every PC model in the image or on a bootable Ghost disk, so that we don't need to have images for every model, ie. having just one universal image for all the models? I've seen it done before at my previous jobs, but I have no idea how it worked. I would really appreciate any suggestions..

Thanks!

Comments

• Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    It may work if the computer models are close enough.
    I've had an image work for other computer models before and I've also had computer that will blue screen right at startup.
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    Yes. I do it at my job on Win7 and WinXP. For WinXP, look into MySysprep and Sysprep Driver Scanner.

I have 16 different Dell models on a single image, with no third-party drivers installed on the image already. Drivers are installed only as needed.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    forkvoid wrote: »
    Yes. I do it at my job on Win7 and WinXP. For WinXP, look into MySysprep and Sysprep Driver Scanner.

I have 16 different Dell models on a single image, with no third-party drivers installed on the image already. Drivers are installed only as needed.

Thanks, forkvoid! I pretty much have the same situation with many different Dell models. I will definitely try this on Monday!