Options

Holy Crap I Passed

KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
Now I have studied for a year....Yes I know a very long time for what I have been hearing should be an easy exam. My exposure to the exam topics outlined was limited so I felt better to read up and take my time. That said I think my score could have been better but I still feel it was worth it. Let me tell you I think I left my brain on the testing room floor. I used the full ninety minutes with three to spare.. Passing Score 810 Items used: CBT Nuggets Videos Sybex Sy0-201 Book Darril Gibson Sy0-201 book----THANK YOU DARRIL.. Please write some more books on other subjects. Notes from this forum. Next up Windows 7 and Server 2008 certs. KM
Killermac :)
A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good work!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! passing is passing no matter how long you took to get it. Everyone has different schedules and motivations. The feeling of passing/completion is the same for everyone in the end! icon_wink.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the great reply's and conversation. KM
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. Great score. Much better to take the time you need to pass it the first time.

Glad you liked the book and glad it helped. My next one coming out is Windows 7 Desktop Support and Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond.

Good luck with the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 certs.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog
  • Options
    beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Darril,
    Please assist me, I have been studying for three months now for this exam using other books like sybex , cbet nugett and the 2003 security+ book and I have finally booked myself to write on 30th March 2010, but stil am not able to get your book since I dont have a credit card that I can use to buy it online, we only depend on bank transaction here in our poor country Malawi, so how can u assist me?
  • Options
    Send me an email via my Web site (Contact sy0--201.com). I don't want to post an email address here to avoid the spam. We may be able to work something out.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm probably going to order this book. Just curious if it comes with the book on CD? Is this book sold exclusively through Amazon?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kevozz wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm probably going to order this book. Just curious if it comes with the book on CD? Is this book sold exclusively through Amazon?

Thanks!

Nope no CD. It would be nice if it was included in PDF on CD but I am sure for copyright reason it is not. KM
  • Options
    Yes. The book is sold primarily through Amazon. An electronic version is available on Kindle.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats mate you gave me morals on sec+ thats a great score like u just said.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Hey, I'm studying for the Security+ and just got Darril's book off Amazon. It looks great and I bought it from reading about it on the forum. Can't wait.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson