Options

Issues with Gmail after changing network hardware

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
A couple days ago I got rid of my cheap dlink cable router/wap and replaced it with a Cisco 1711(WIC-4ESW) and an Aironet 1121G.

I configured the 1711 from my desktop (connected to VLAN 1 on the WIC) and I was online, no problem. I then configured the AP (connected to VLAN 1 on the WIC) with the same SSID, cipher and PSK that I had on the dlink so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all my wireless clients.

After I confirmed that I was online through my AP, I called it a night. Later on, my wife complained the gmail was not working. Sure enough it would not load on standard view. I could load it on HTML view, but still could not send a message. I then tried gmail through Thunderbird (IMAP) with no luck. I figured maybe GMAIL servers were having an issue.

The next day, I tried gmail again, no luck. I looked through SDM to see if any of the firewall rules created would be blocking this but I really didn't see anything. So, last night I decided to log onto my desktop (bypass the AP) and Gmail worked fine. I went to my laptop again, no luck. Every other website I've run across works fine, I played Left 4 Dead 2, that works fine, I'm only having an issue with Gmail going through my AP! Has anyone encountered this?

Cliff notes:
replaced dlink with Aironet 1121G
Access to internet services and most email services (hotmail) work
Access to Gmail does not work

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    OK! So, I took the same laptop, plugged it into the router where the AP was plugged in and GMail worked fine. I then plugged the AP back in and associated my laptop to the AP again.... GMail did not work.

I also received another Aironet 1100 series AP that I had on order to work on some labs. So, I configured that one with the bare minimum configs. Disabled a bunch of features and did not configure encryption. I associated my laptop to that AP and still GMail does not work.

Is there some issue with the 1100 series APs that GMail doesn't like? I think the whole thing is weird.