i cant believe how much this guy was pulling in

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/11/14/inside.spamming.ap/index.html

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    WOW, thats is ALOT of $$$$$..
  • Options
    mikedeekmikedeek Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    there recommended a nine-year prison term ....but i dont think hes gonig to get anywhere near that
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ha....good for that scam artist. Hope he rotts in jail!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The money can be very big for those who succeed in getting enough suckers to use their services. Hopefully the guy will get 5+ and it becomes a deterrent to other scum buckets out there.

As I wrote to a select committee about this subject
    "In my opinion spam is an invasion of my privacy and is basically on a similar level to someone breaking and entering into my home. The claim that spam is not a crime and does not hurt anyone is total rubbish as the costs involved to a person on a per Mb connection can add up to many dollars over a year. Add to that the time involved deleteing spam and the costs of spamfilters etc and you have a direct financial loss to the person being spammed."
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RussS wrote:
    "In my opinion spam is an invasion of my privacy and is basically on a similar level to someone breaking and entering into my home. The claim that spam is not a crime and does not hurt anyone is total rubbish as the costs involved to a person on a per Mb connection can add up to many dollars over a year. Add to that the time involved deleteing spam and the costs of spamfilters etc and you have a direct financial loss to the person being spammed."
    amen
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Well said Russ! I bet it didn't result in a single less piece of spam in your inbox though ;)

Check out the current (November) issue of ExamForce for some more words on MAPS...