Options

AD integrated chat

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm looking for an AD integrated chat application, something that can be used with single sign on preferably. Can anyone recommend a product? This is a Windows domain with Windows XP clients.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Not sure about SSO but various Jabber servers can utilize LDAP for sign-on.
  • Options
    forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    OCS -- Office Communications Server is built specifically for this purpose. It's really awesome.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use OpenFire. I have also setup and used OCS on a few occassions. All depends on how much you want to spend.
  • Options
    OCS costs more but is it the easiest to administer? Is it pretty stable? I assume since it's from MS it should integrate well with XP...
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rsutton wrote: »
    OCS costs more but is it the easiest to administer? Is it pretty stable? I assume since it's from MS it should integrate well with XP...

They are all pretty easy to administer. OCS has far better AD integration. It also integrates with Exchange and SharePoint as well as integration with VoIP systems. OpenFire is free but does not have such huge integration with MS products.

EDIT: Also, OpenFire does use the AD credentials to authenticate, but it does not use pass through integration.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I love OpenFire! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    I'm rolling out Openfire in my sandbox to see how it looks.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I want to try it out now.

Why is DDR3 so damn expensive? 4 more GB is over 100$ icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well this is interesting, I just realized that WGU must be using OpenFire. I just downloaded the WGU branded Spark IM client.