Project+ beta results

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    eMeS wrote: »
    Passed.

MS

Surprise of the century? icon_lol.gif
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha... I failed it. Well I crammed everything into my head two weeks before the exam so no surprise. Congrats to all those who passed!
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I had 3 weeks to study the material. Thats what sucked about it. I also want to see how I did on it and see what I can study more on.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think they give a report on strengths/weaknesses. Pretty sure it's just pass/fail.
    Wow that really sucks if they do that.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Wow that really sucks if they do that.

with Comptia its usually FAIL.

Pun intended.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Surprise of the century? icon_lol.gif

I'm certain I didn't blow it out of the water or anything. A lot of the stuff on that exam was exactly like the PMP, and much of it was stuff that never really gets used in the real world of project management. Now, if I had taken it back when I took the PMP....

MS
    with Comptia its usually FAIL.

Pun intended.

Thats why I started on my cisco stuff instead of finishing Sec+ and plus it's expensive.
    It would be nice if there was another company that did the same certs and was recognized like Comptia.
    Booya!!
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I failed too icon_sad.gif

-ken
    I got confirmation directly from CompTIA this afternoon. Anyone else?
    steve13ad wrote: »
    I got confirmation directly from CompTIA this afternoon. Anyone else?

Yeah, I received a note from them asking me to log in and verify my address. Then when I try to login to their site, it doesn't work.

Trying to decide now whether I want to set aside the time next week to actually call CompTIA, or if I'd rather use that 45 minutes doing something really useful like looking at Internet pr0n.

MS
    I received a score report in the mail today.

It indicates that the passing score was set at 710. The score I received was 721...barely passing...

MS
    I got my exam report today as well. I got a 540 of 710. Now I know I can pass the current exam with some study. I will take the current exam this summer so I can actually learn the material.
    Booya!!
    I got my exam report today as well. I got a 540 of 710. Now I know I can pass the current exam with some study. I will take the current exam this summer so I can actually learn the material.

Right now the passing score on PK0-002 is 499. So JLC, you would've passed
    Yea I know. Its a bummer that they changed the score. I didn't think that they would have changed the score. I was freaking out alittle because of the score. It's alright though, I'll get it next time.
    Booya!!
    At first the low score attracted me to the test.

But as I was study, I realized why it was so low, the content is boring.
    LOL I agree with the boring part. I thought the score was low because it wasn't popular like the A+, Network+, and Security+ exams. Alot of the material covered was also in my systems analysis and design class so it was good to have alittle reinforcement.
    Booya!!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    how do you get your candidate history from prometric?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    how do you get your candidate history from prometric?

https://www.register.prometric.com/Login.asp
    How do you get this candidate history from prometric?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    How do you get this candidate history from prometric?

https://www.register.prometric.com/Login.asp
    Wow I got a 687 and passing is 710.

One on hand im happy because thats not a half bad score for walking in and never even looking at any P+ material.

On the other hand im pissed because I was so close to passing.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Wow I got a 687 and passing is 710.

One on hand im happy because thats not a half bad score for walking in and never even looking at any P+ material.

On the other hand im pissed because I was so close to passing.

Wow... the pass score is much higher than the previous exam!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I scored a sweet 732.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
    I scored a sweet 732.
    Congratulations!
    That's about what I made on the old test. Having studied for it didn't make it so sweet for me.icon_redface.gif
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep...I failed and thought for sure I had passed...
    Scored a 647 which would have been a easy pass on the old exam..

I can't believe that they raised the score over 200 points for an exam that is essentially for status(read cert collectors) only and had a hard time filling the beta slots and trying to find SME's to finalize it.

Perhaps the staff at CompTia should take this exam themselves so they can figure out how to come in on time on a project. :)

I'm a bit bittered on this one for some reason and I should not let it get to me I guess.

I could point to the test center (VUE) for the multiple distractions including writing the exam in the store owners office that was decorated with fish and fishing pics from Mexico and monitor fans that were excessively loud.. I could also hear people talking outside.(this is a PC repair business).The final straw came when either the owner or staff member came in while I was writing my comments and wanted me to leave...

Ron
    I'd file a complaint for a testing center like that.

I despised the fact that I was forced to use a Vue center for this test. The only one is at the local new horizons. Their labs are very nice to i expected the same for the testing center.

Unfortunately., the testing center had 2 PC's in a closet and the chairs backed into each other (2 people could NOT take a test simulataneously with the lack of room). The PCs were two white homemade POS's. One was laying on its side with the side off and parts everywhere, I got to use the other one with had a nagging fan. Plus, I was only about 10 points from passing...so the raise in points required screwed me as well.
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd file a complaint for a testing center like that.

I despised the fact that I was forced to use a Vue center for this test. The only one is at the local new horizons. Their labs are very nice to i expected the same for the testing center.

Unfortunately., the testing center had 2 PC's in a closet and the chairs backed into each other (2 people could NOT take a test simulataneously with the lack of room). The PCs were two white homemade POS's. One was laying on its side with the side off and parts everywhere, I got to use the other one with had a nagging fan. Plus, I was only about 10 points from passing...so the raise in points required screwed me as well.

Complain to CompTia or Vue?
    I did send my review to Vue when they sent me a follow up. I have heard that this test center is now closed. Not good for many in the city as the nearest Vue center for the public is 2.5Hrs away..

Ron
    Well hopefuly someone will open a better one. If it was that cruddy and closed its likely that Vue already knew it was bad.