some questions before i start CCNA

Ali SarwanAli Sarwan Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello every one, I'm planning to do CCNA, i'll get training from Cisco Networking Academy. I've some questions to ask, they might be stupid kind of questions.

1. Do I need any extra material for preparation, other than the academy may provide.

2. > CCNA exam information and resources for 640-801, 640-811, 640-821 < this link says about number of questions and passing marks. What i need to know is that (a) what are total marks of each paper, (b) Are there any grades based on marks received like A+, A, B+, B and all that. (c) If there are any grades, what is grading policy, i mean what mark are needed to get A or A+.

3. Exams should be given in single step (640-802) or in two parts (640-816 + 640-822) is discussed very nicely in different posts, my question is regarding that, what is minimum and maximum duration between two papers if i go for paper in two parts that is 640-816 + 640-822.

Comments

• mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Ali Sarwan wrote: »
    1. Do I need any extra material for preparation, other than the academy may provide.
    I didn't go the academy route so don't know the material, personally I would try to get hold of the Wendel Odom exam certification guides. They are awesome.

2. > CCNA exam information and resources for 640-801, 640-811, 640-821 < this link says about number of questions and passing marks. What i need to know is that (a) what are total marks of each paper, (b) Are there any grades based on marks received like A+, A, B+, B and all that. (c) If there are any grades, what is grading policy, i mean what mark are needed to get A or A+.
    The exams are all scored out of 1000. There is only PASS or FAIL, there is no grades.

3. Exams should be given in single step (640-802) or in two parts (640-816 + 640-822) is discussed very nicely in different posts, my question is regarding that, what is minimum and maximum duration between two papers if i go for paper in two parts that is 640-816 + 640-822.
    I don't think there is a minimum duration between the exams. All Cisco associate level exams expire after 3 years so I guess the maximum duration is 3 years.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • JonkJonk Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am in the Academy with my college classes... To be honest I rather be self studying then going to a class. I feel that I am much better at self studying.
    Currently :study:: A+ (self study and in class)| Network+ | CCNA (self study and in class) | A.A.S. Network Design and Administration (Almost done!)
  • Ali SarwanAli Sarwan Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm joining academy because they are giving really good discount, they are associated with our university, in approx $300 they r giving training as well as voucher for online test. so its worth to join academy i guess.
    I attended the Academy about 2 years ago at my local community college. I was really well prepared for the CCNA by the end of the courses. The way they did it at the college was to divide the curriculum into 4 different sections and then take the exam at the end. Beyond the Cisco Press books, the only other study material that I used was Transcender before the exam. It was a great experience and got me certified. The other advantage to the academy for me was the lab equipment that you got to work on and have a teacher help you with troubleshooting should you run into issues. Overall, I believe it was well worth it and learned a lot from it.