Options

Job with 2 year CS and some certs

network.ipadminnetwork.ipadmin Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to work with a co-worker to boost confidence and plot a possible career path. They are currently going through a 2 year community college working on a Computer Science degree. The curriculum for the degree matches the 2 year course requirements of many of the in-state 4 year colleges very closely. It is so close that with 1 to 3 extra classes it is possible to transfer strait into many of the 4 year colleges as a Junior. There are GPA for strait transfer and acceptance but some of the 4 year intuitions requirements are as low as 2.5 GPA. So I am trying to plot a possible future to continue working on the education if the co-worker wants.

If they get the 2 year CS plus CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ and Security+ along with an MCSA of Server 2008 administration and a CCNA could it be possible for them to get a job making $35k to $40k? I am also pushing for them to volunteer at a local mentoring program for kids were the co-worker would need to help recondition computers and help kids learn ion the usage of the computers.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure its possible you, I mean your friend, could make that much with those qualifications. It's also possible that your friend could not find any job at all. There are a lot of other factors like job market, experience and how well you can sell yourself in an interview.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    network.ipadminnetwork.ipadmin Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure its possible you, I mean your friend, QUOTE]

hehehe

Yeah, I figured someone would think it is for me. This is actually an individual that is an employee I am working with about career goals in work performance and counseling. For me to get a job at the level I now have, schooling and some basic certs would not get me into hardly any interview for the jobs I would end up interviewing for. I have to go on all experience.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If they get the 2 year CS plus CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ and Security+ along with an MCSA of Server 2008 administration and a CCNA could it be possible for them to get a job making $35k to $40k? I am also pushing for them to volunteer at a local mentoring program for kids were the co-worker would need to help recondition computers and help kids learn ion the usage of the computers.

Very possible since there are quite a few people in desktop support making more than that.