Options

Understanding Blackberry Exchange Q's

JonnyWJonnyW Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I am completing an Application form for a Network Engineer post and the role will be provisioning I Phones and Blackberry's. One of the questions in the Desirable Criteria which I have to demonstrate experience of is Understanding BES and BIS Service.

In my current role, I setup BB's for users but do not have anything to do with the BES as another team does that adding the SMTP account etc. Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to bluff this section?

Many Thanks
Jonny icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol....wat you want to know. I've done BES setup before. its pretty str8 forward. Hell, you can download the instruction manual from BB, and you should be good money...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, so you're planning to start off in a new job with a lie. Not exactly going to be a great start. You'll likely get caught on your "bluff" during any interviews and if it was me interviewing you we'd basically be done - lie to me once...

Especially considering it's listed as "desirable criteria" and not required; why not admit you have no hands on with BES and explain the experience you do have and how you'd be willing to learn. Turn it into a positive if you can.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Don't bluff it. BES experience is a desired quality, but honesty is a required quality.
  • Options
    JonnyWJonnyW Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I came clean in the end. I am an honest guy, but I am fed up with people who work in our company getting jobs and not knowing what to do in the job that they said they have experience in.

Thanks for all the advice. I hope to hear if I have an interview soon so will keep you posted.