Nagios Error

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I installed Ubuntu & Nagios on an old dell laptop to get familiar with it. Likewise, afterwards I installed the NSClient++ on my Vista desktop.

At first, it appeared to be working correct, but shortly after it has been giving me the following error. So it appears in the Nagios that the system is offline / down, but it's not.

CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds

I'm rechecking the config files now and searching for the answer, but thought I'd just throw it out there if anyone could point me in the right direction. It worked initially, but seems something could be blocking it now. I've ruled out the Nortons Internet Security, as the client is "approved". Just doesn't add up--why did it initially work, now it's timing out?
icon_study.gif
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A few websites suggest that the client doesn't work with anything above Windows XP. There is also no mention of support for Vista clients in the official documentation or the sourceforge page of the project.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A few websites suggest that the client doesn't work with anything above Windows XP. There is also no mention of support for Vista clients in the official documentation or the sourceforge page of the project.

It actually does work on Vista and the every changing documentation provided in the NSClient++ download, suggest modifying the shared_sessions=1 in the configuration file with W2K versions and later.

However my goof up was I had a typo for the IP address of client on the server! icon_redface.gif

As I was overlooking all the documentation this morning, I saw many other features and proceeded to tweak the configuration file sooo much, When I noticed I IP address mishap, I just decided to copy a new .ini file over and modified it with bare minimum according to the "quick start guide" and BAM !--The machine showed UP and online icon_exclaim.gif

Todays gonna be a great day! icon_jokercolor.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)