U.S. Declassifies Part of Secret Cybersecurity Plan

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So lets get this straight since you don't like my politics. The serious matter is the have violated everyone's security by allowing hackers to know what their protocols are. Which is just stupid out right, you might as well give them the keys to server cabinets. I find it very disturbing in aspects of general internet security not so much a threat to military security because it operates at a different level. I just hope that there is someone on the inside taking care of security .
    Free Reading : History Books
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    <quietly backs out of the thread>
    Kam.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Political rant removed by Webmaster
    Nice hijack here.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't like this move, but let's keep the political rants out of here.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Someone could make a thread about a candybar and you'd have some right or left wing nutjob in there bad mouthing people.

I've never seen so much biggotry.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yikes, you would have thought I threw dynamite in the room.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yikes, you would have thought I threw dynamite in the room.

I'm right here! Oh, wait...

If you want to go off about religion, politics, etc., use your own blog or an appropriate forum. I've seen threads about all those topics take off here, and they always spiral out of control. These forums are one of the view civil places on the internet; lets try to keep it that way ;)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'm right here! Oh, wait...

hehehe, uh yeah, you.... :D
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So lets get this straight since you don't like my politics. The serious matter is the have violated everyone's security by allowing hackers to know what their protocols are. Which is just stupid out right, you might as well give them the keys to server cabinets. I find it very disturbing in aspects of general internet security not so much a threat to military security because it operates at a different level. I just hope that there is someone on the inside taking care of security .

They haven't given anything remotely important away. The disclosure is a very high level view of their goals and a vague idea of what well known technologies they might use.

I wholeheartedly believe the govt. need to have a national response system in place that includes core private telecoms companies . The problem I have is the people running it - NOT the politicos - the folks in Homeland security (who will ultimately be the implementers, I have a lot of respect for the NSA but they won't be the boots on the ground). I wrote a rant thread about a year ago about a guy I replaced many moons ago who was possibly the worst network/system admin I had ever seen, and how he had since become a director of IT for a major Homeland Sec project....that doesn't exactly inspire faith in their skill set, something backed up by their consistently abysmal internal security audit scores. We don't need a bunch of 'Brownies' (FEMA reference in case that's missed), ingrates and favoured cousins dictating how the infrastructure will be secured.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?