Options

Capturing a .wim of a sysprepped pc

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I've created a reference win7 pro pc with all applications and settings configured for our company. I need to capture it as a .wim image so I can create an answer file for it in wsim. Should I capture it with imagex before or after I sysprep it with sysprep /oobe /generalize?

All I need is for it to prompt me for a computer name and the rest of the install can be unattended. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    you sysprep it, then capture it with imagex. You then load it into wsim to build the catalog and make your file. Finally, inject the answerfile offline with dism or add it in using wds.
  • Options
    After several grueling days of WDS and WSIM, I finally have a fully unattended install going. It's amazing how different it is compared to XP unattended installs. I chose to export the .wim to an external hard drive rather than network or pxe because of bandwidth. Going to download MDT 2010 just to see what the rave is all about. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    It can be difficult to get used to if youve worked with XP for years, but I think once you get the hang of it you'll wonder how you ever got by with XP.
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I found WDS confusing at first too. I like SCCM from Microsoft too, I have to say that is one product that they did right.
  • Options
    Have you tried MDT 2010 yet?
  • Options