Options

Ics

Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
Seriously, who uses it in this day and age anyway?
Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Ive never seen it used legitimately at all.

I did have a user once figure out a way to set ICS up on one of her connections while the other was also plugged in so it was spamming packets in a cycle through the network and killing it. Fun times.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    dynamik's mom.

If you have been to the site you would know that you need a broadband connection to enjoy all the content. icon_wink.gif

Only reason I can see using ICS is if grandma and grandpa live in the boonies where there is no broadband and both want to update Facebook at the same time. Then they can share one dial-up connection.
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Like I thought, nobody really uses it. They should stop putting emphasis on it.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Actually my brother uses ICS. He lives in an apartment building, and uses their DSL. He is allowed to have two different pc's connected to the wireless router, which are his two laptops. So in order for him to have his desktop and xbox 360 online, he uses ICS through his laptop.

So there are still uses for ICS. If it wasn't for this, he would either have to pay extra for more connections, like $10/per, or get his own service and spend $40+. Since he gets 5mb for "free" through the complex, why not use it?
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration