Passed ICND 2

haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed ICND 2 today.

Total time was 52 min. I felt great during the whole test. I felt like I knew almost every answer with out any hesitation. It is a good feeling to know that I am now a CCNA and can move on to the CCNP R & S.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your CCNP studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mart28mart28 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!!

nice work, where you studying long?
  • haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I made sure I had plenty of beverages to celebrate. It is a milestone for me. I wanted to pass before I turned 30, and tomorrow I will turn 30.

If I would of seriously studied as soon as I passed ICND 1, it would have taken me 3 -4 months. I screwed around and didn't get serious until mid december. I think I could have easily taken the test two to 4 weeks ago and probably passed.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    haney wrote: »
    If I would of seriously studied as soon as I passed ICND 1, it would have taken me 3 -4 months. I screwed around and didn't get serious until mid december. I think I could have easily taken the test two to 4 weeks ago and probably passed.

When you return from your celebration -- cheers! and... Congratulations!!!!

Do you have much hands on experience in your current role or previous cisco background?

What part did you find the toughest for ICND2 objectives?

I'm just curious because I have been lacking motivation until recently, but passed the CCENT back in September. I am up to OSPF in the in the Odom-ICND2 book I am shooting to schedule and pass the ICND2 (CCNA) by my birthday!

I am also going over the memory tables and creating study sheets from them now through the first 8 chapters. Sometimes I feel like I am overstudying and overthinking my studying.

Is that possible?
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • haneyhaney Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you return from your celebration -- cheers! and... Congratulations!!!!

Do you have much hands on experience in your current role or previous cisco background?

What part did you find the toughest for ICND2 objectives?

I'm just curious because I have been lacking motivation until recently, but passed the CCENT back in September. I am up to OSPF in the in the Odom-ICND2 book I am shooting to schedule and pass the ICND2 (CCNA) by my birthday!

I am also going over the memory tables and creating study sheets from them now through the first 8 chapters. Sometimes I feel like I am overstudying and overthinking my studying.

Is that possible?

I have some exposure to cisco in my current role, although not as much as I would like. Years ago when It was early in my career I had a real strong desire to learn alot of this stuff and was very involved with the firewall and security administration at a place I was working. So that laid a good foundtion for alot of the CCNA track. I just needed to fill in the gaps. Getting the motivation to do that really was the hardest part. I think you can over prepare. In my case it is usually me just worried about not passing the test. I have decided though that I am not going to let that stop me anymore. Once you make a decision and actually put the effort than there is no way you won't pass the test. I honestly stopped looking for motivation and just decided I was going to do it.

I will post my notes.
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Congratulations!!!

I hope to be celebrating myself in about 3 weeks. Right now it's icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif I wish all these dang users here at work would leave me alone and let me study icon_lol.gif.
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Congrats - What a fantastic birthday present - double celebration.

Good luck on your CCNP studies.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats

Can I have some of your brain ?

take care
    Sean
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Nice time management! Congrats
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • muonmuon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
    Congrats on the pass! Way to go!