Western Governors University Questions and Answers / Threads related to WGU

1161162163164165167»

Comments

• ilikebikeilikebike Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    It will depend on the college you'll be doing your Masters at. Since WGU is a pass/fail, your GPA at graduation will be a flat 3.0.

WGU does keep a list of places their alumni have transferred to for Masters programs.
    https://alumni.wgu.edu/s/1110/16/site/wide.aspx?sid=1110&gid=1&pgid=1246
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,199Admin Admin
    What online tools, libraries, and services are made available to WGU students and alumni? Is access to commercial services, such as Pluralsight, Grammarly, and Office 365, licensed to WGU students?
  • ilikebikeilikebike Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited January 14
    Just off the top of my head, some the resources you have access to:
    • Office 365 subscription
    • Pluralsight
    • Lynda.com
    • CBT Nuggets (some classes)
    • Boson labs and practice tests (some classes)
    • OnTheHub access to copies of Windows, VMWare, Norton, etc...
    Having a .edu email anywhere also gets you:
    • Jetbrains IDEs
    • Spotify Student
    • Amazon Prime student
    • Basically anything on /r/StudentResources
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM ITS FRIDAY FRIDAY Posts: 124Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking at re-enrolling in April to begin my Masters in their Data Analytics program. Anyone have experience going through this degree and can shed some of the pros/cons?
    Goal: GCIH Feb. 2019 | GCFA Nov. 2019 | MSc Data Analytics, Fall 2020
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Senior Member King City, CAPosts: 600Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    As an alumni, there are various resources available if you are no longer a student.  They are listed here:

For IT training, I use Skillport and Pluralsight.  You also get Lynda, but I don't use that.

Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • NoctilumNoctilum Posts: 16Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone, 

I am looking to pursue Bachelor's in IT Management from WGU but not sure if this style of college is right for me.

I work 40 hours, have a family (new born on the way too).  I know the whole premise is to cram as many classes in as you can during a term.  Is there a certain expectation the school wants for how many classes taken in a term? I am curious what the workload is like though and average length for a class.  Is it actually online classes with a lecture done by a teacher?  Are you just reading books and watching videos?  And then when you are comfortable with the content you try to test out of it?