Options

Share Permissions

AndreLAndreL Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I ran into a question about allowing a user to create a share and the answ I choose was give them full control permissions over the drive to allow them to create shares off of it . But needless to say I was wrong the full control share permission allows you to read change.

In the explination it said that only Power User and Admins have the create a share permission. My question is what permission do you need to share a file or folder in a domain. Cause I know any one with ownership can share any thing in a workgroup. But I was kinda wondering that other user should be able to share besides the PwrUsr and Admin in a domain.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    AndreL wrote: »
    I ran into a question about allowing a user to create a share and the answ I choose was give them full control permissions over the drive to allow them to create shares off of it . But needless to say I was wrong the full control share permission allows you to read change.

In the explination it said that only Power User and Admins have the create a share permission. My question is what permission do you need to share a file or folder in a domain. Cause I know any one with ownership can share any thing in a workgroup. But I was kinda wondering that other user should be able to share besides the PwrUsr and Admin in a domain.

In a domain, I think you have to have be owner to be able to share. Or a member of one of the admin groups. Please correct me if I am wrong, perms are my weakpoint.