Issues with buy.com

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone else have problems with them?

I ordered a camera for my daughter last week, got a good deal. When I got the shipping notice, I saw they shipped it to the wrong address. I contacted them, said contact the actual shipper. I contacted them, said cant do anything, try fedex. Talked to fedex, sorry it is out of our hands.

I complained to buy.com and they shipped a replacement camera out. However, I still have to wait 14 days! It is their mistake, they admitted it, yet did not do a thing to make me want to be a continued customer. I asked them to upgrade the shipping at their expense since I have to wait even longer now, but it fell on deaf ears.

Anyone else have any good or bad dealings with them?

Comments

• phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wrong forum bud.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I dont buy from them unless I find something at an amazingly deep discount, which is fairly rare. (That im in the market for it right when its on sale)

That being said ive ordered a couple small things from them and never had a problem, so far.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Generally once an item is shipped, the sender can't do anything about it and the carrier also normally can't/won't do anything about it.

As you said, you got a great deal on the camera so the profit margin might actually be so small that they don't want to give you free express shipping.

Is the wrong address completely incorrect or is it going to one of your existing address book addresses? I'm surprised if its completely wrong though since these systems are extremely well automated. Orders just pop out at the warehouse and they're packed and shipped with everything already printed out.

Not much you can do about it anyway. If it really bothers you that much then just don't shop there again.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The only time I get something from buy.com is when they're selling it on Amazon and Amazon doesn't stock it icon_lol.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I have to admit that I've never found anything on buy.com that I couldn't also find on amazon.com, but cheaper.