Options

Passed 70-680, But It Was Hard!

GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Did the 70-680 yesterday. I felt fairly confident beforehand as I was fairly happy with most of the subject but a little weak on the WIM/deployment side of things.

The exam was much harder than the Vista 70-620 which was so easy it was a joke. I really struggled as there seemed to be questions on things that clearly weren't detailed in the book (or at the very least I missed it!). Many questions I had to guess between two remaining options after eliminating two.

Finished the exam and was expecting/hoping for a borderline pass so was quite shocked to find I had scored a 962 icon_surprised.gif I even changed some of the answers during the review which I don't normally do as always best to go for your first choice; I definitely changed one to be wrong, doh! icon_cry.gif

Now onto the 70-646: Win2008 Server Admin. I already have Enterprise Admin but seems silly to not get the extra MCITP for one exam. After that I will look at either a SQL2008 MCITP or do 70-686. I might leave the 686 until later as there seems to be few resources at the moment and it focuses on the bit I'm weak on!

Comments

• Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    That is a very good score. Well done and congrats. Did you use any practice exam?
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    Thanks! All I used was the MS Press book and it's accompanying test exam.

I prefer CBT Nuggets but nothing available for this one and then there's the thing of finding the money for it.
  • Options
    How would you rate the difficulty of the exam accompanying the book compared to the actual exam?

Because I find that some of the questions on the practice exam accompanying the book are too easy, such as this one:

You are preparing to perform a wipe and load migration to Windows 7 on a computer that is currently running Windows XP Professional.

Which of the following methods can you use to ensure that all user profile data is transferred during this migration?

Win ET using the ET cable
    Win ET using the network option
    Win ET using the removable storage
    Robocopy

And its just too obvious that only one of these methods support wipe and load. Thats why I've been reluctant to use this practice exam. But I wonder if the one you can buy from the measure up site is the same one as this one. Because then there would at least not be any need to buy that exam, as it costs $60.
  • Options
    Honestly I would say that the practice tests were far too easy, I found the actual test much more difficult.

Which makes it really odd that I scored higher on the Proper exam vs. the practices. I was getting early 90%s on the practices.

I thought that the MS ones were by MeasureUp anyway or is that just the underlying software?
  • Options
    I'm not sure. In another thread someone highly recommended Measureup, so I figured it perhaps were not the same questions that accompanies the book.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Congrats!!!!

Drew
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    The accompanying practice tests with the MS Press books are measure up. Measure up is usually easier than the real exam. I've had the same experience of scoring higher on th real exam than on the practice tests from measure up.
    You've probably just had experience doing a lot of the things the exam covers so that the questions were easy for you.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice score. It is a good score considering you used the MS press books which are not always the best. Congrats. KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • Options
    SupervisorSupervisor Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrulations! Much better score than my 900 :)