Options

Question about RAM on the test

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
I am taking the A+ as part of two classes for WGU. I am planning to schedule it two weeks out from now. There are a lot of different RAM types to memorize and I wonder if I am doing this in the wrong way. For instance:

There is DDR400 which is 200MHz and also called PC2-3200 for it's 3200MBs per second transfer rate. Do I need to know all of that? If so I have more than a little to memorize icon_tongue.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CompTIA exams are largely based on trivia; I'd memorize as much as possible.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, I have it almost completely memorized except for the RAM and Laser Printer stuff that I need to memorize. I am currently looking through the official objectives to see if there is anything I need to understand better. I did a WGU assessment test for both the 701 and 702 and scored 80% on both. The questions were poorly written and I think that is what made me score so low. They used the MeasureUp software.
  • Options
    ALfromSTLALfromSTL Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After having just taken the tests, best advice I can give is to not just memorize, but know what the question is asking. I used free tests from PrepLogic and scored in the 90's before I scheduled the exam. When the exam came, I breezed through the 701 and did well on the 702. Also go to a bookstore and browse through the ExamCram practice tests. If you understand that material, the real think should be a piece of cake.

On the 702, be sure to know the differences between XP and Vista (file structures, etc) and commands such as MSCONFIG.

BTW, I tried to memorize every RAM specification into my head the night before on a tip but ended up not get a single in depth question on RAM on the actual test. But then again, every test is different.