Route Print question

sterlingbluesterlingblue Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks.

Maybe I don't understand this correctly and i'm hoping that someone here can clear it up for me.

I had a route print image on a practice question and I thought I read it right but I got the answer wrong.

I've attached the image.

The question involved me needing to identify why host 192.168.1.229 could not talk to machines outside of it's network segment.

I looked at the route print and chose the answer "The Default gateway has been incorrectly set". But the answer they were looking for is that "the default gateway is not configured".

So i'm confused here. Does having the loopback listed as the gateway mean that nothing is configured?

Help!

Jamie

Comments

• kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can tell that the default gateway is not configured because there is no entry for a Destination Network of 0.0.0.0 with a mask of 0.0.0.0. Gateway refers to the next hop for a particular subnet, a default gateway is the next hop for traffic which there is no other route.
  • sterlingbluesterlingblue Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I Think I understand now.

The one i was looking at was the route for itself so it makes sense that the gateway would be the loopback right?
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    bumpity bump. . . I'd like to see an answer for this, too.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers