Options

certified developer certification.

bitstreambitstream Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone have any experience or feedback about the macromedia dreamweaver mx 2004 developer certification. Im looking to do a cert. and saw this one and it looks interesting, but thats the advertising hype. Anyone out there done it or know of any other certs worth looking at.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know what the value of a macromedia cert is for a HR dep, but personally I think you'd be better of buying practical books for dreamweaver that cover a particular topic, than to do it the macromedia way.

The value will depend a lot on what kind of job you are applying for and the combination with other certifications and experience. For web sites/designs/applications, a detailed online portfolio with loads of examples showing off your abilities will be much more valuable.
  • Options
    bitstreambitstream Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I have plenty of experience on the hardware side of things, but I am just starting on the web developement and I want to start with a good foundation. I agree 100 percent with you that at the end of the day examples of your work will be the clincher. What I was thinking was to go it alone on the cert. study and get some certification. Problem is I dont know what sort of cert to go for and the macromedia seemed like a good start. As for its value I dont know that either, maybe someone with knowledge of the HR side of it could give me a pointer.