Passed 270

Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would like to say hello to everyone in the forum!

Took the exam recently and passed, no score just pass or fail and 60 questions (Standard format these days) MSPress book and resource kit were spot on.

This is my first exam of the .net track as well.

If you need any hints/advice on the exam, let me know.

:P
“I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”

Comments

• PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Congrats on passing the 270 exam :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Congradulations on passing the exam.
    Best to you with pursuing the .net track.

Hints/links to good and effective study materials are welcomed.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The structure is similar to the Windows 2000 server and professional exams. The MSPress book is great as is Windows XP inside out.

Key points of the test include all the new features (Restore Points, alternate IP configurations, etc.) and then the standard command console or last known good type of questions for troubleshooting etc.

Learn the new features of XP and brush up on troubleshooting and you should not have too much trouble with this one.

icon_lol.gif
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • RUSH2112RUSH2112 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well imagine my surprise as I am browsing this site who do I see its Pavlov and Cross. How you doin? This is RUSH from exam notes (as if you couldn't tell). Well looks like another site to add to my favs.
    Welcome aboard RUSH - good to see you make your way over - if you pay close attention you may find that you know Carpe Porcus too icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
  • RUSH2112RUSH2112 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmm, well I don't have a guess right now but I will try to surmise one soon. Nice to see you Pavlov.
  • maverickmtmaverickmt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read the readiness review and then took the pretest on the included cd and got a 96, yet i go online to sites like this one and i get smoked getting 50s, am i ready or am i in trouble? icon_confused.gif:
    I wouldn't say you're in trouble, but you might want to do a search online if the questions here got ya wondering if you're ready.

At the cost of these exams, you sure don't wanta have to pay it twice so take the time to prepare now. I haven't take the 270 exam myself, but it is my understanding that is slightly harder than the 210 exam. Now if you can afford it, my fellow campers tell me the Transcender product for 270 exam would be a good investment.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I bought the readiness review for the 70-218 exam because I really like to prepare using practice exams icon_study.gif but I was dissapointed because the questions are too easy. Most of these questions are like the MCSE NT 4.0 exam questions: short, straight forward facts instead of the task-based questions you will find on the Windows 2000/XP exams. Nevertheless it is good practice and the product is worth the money, but I wouldn't rely too much on it in terms of being ready or not.

Check out these other free online 70-270 exams:
    - www.mcmcse.com (also a 70-270 study guide)
    - www.certtutor.net
    - www.cert21.com

and this short guide I once wrote for another site: www.certyourself.com/70270newfeat.shtml

Johan