Options

Passed with 775

Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
Took the exam today, 12PM CET, and after about 70 minutes and 65 questions, I was met with the "congratulations" screen. I was not surprised, as I did not find the exam to be that hard.

But I definitely need to brush up on several of the topics. And don't really feel that I know them that well. After passing 290 and 291, two years ago, I felt that I really knew the material, but this time around, I don't really have that feeling. So I will be spending time doing different lab practices with Win 7 for quite some time.

My study method was the same as usual:

Read through the training kit, and did all the excercises.
Read through it a second time, did all the excersises, and wrote a 40-pages (yeah it was way too large, but that just shows how I was not comfortable with a lot of the material) exam cram.
Did lab practices based on the exam cram. Took several Transcender practice exams.

Btw, this completes the MCSA 2003 for me, and I'm really content with that.
Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I am going to take the XP exam probably next month but I will have my sights on this one when I upgrade to MCITP. Great job. What is next on your list of certs?
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Thanks. :) To be honest, I am not sure on what to do next. Since I have completed the MCSA 2003 track (270, 290, 291 and 680), I can continue on and complete the MCSE 2003 track (293, 294 and 297/298 ), I even have the study material for 293 and 294. But at the same time, I have not worked as much with servers as I would haved liked, and therefore I don't have the material of 290 and 291 fresh in my mind anymore. I have been sadly working more on the client side.

So taking 293 would prove an obstacle, as it overlaps a lot with 291. But I do have the exam cram I made for 290 and 291, so therefore I could spent some time doing lab excerices and get acquinted with that material again. But it might feel like I have to start over and learn the basics again, so I might as well, jump to 640 and the MCITP:SA track instead.

And then take the 685+686 exams afterwards. And hope that I might get more server related tasks to make the material stick better, and perhaps go for the MCITP:EA cert. Of course there aren't that many companies over here who have migrated to Win2008, and Win2003 will probably stick around for quite some while. Therefore I'm quite undecided.

Good luck on the 270, I found it to be slightly harder than 680. But I took in back in 2004, and did not have the same experience back then as I do now.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    SupervisorSupervisor Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrulations!
    Take 70-685 for next? I am looking for it too.
  • Options
    adfabusadfabus Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    Dracula28 wrote: »
    Took the exam today, 12PM CET, and after about 70 minutes and 65 questions, I was met with the "congratulations" screen. I was not surprised, as I did not find the exam to be that hard.

But I definitely need to brush up on several of the topics. And don't really feel that I know them that well. After passing 290 and 291, two years ago, I felt that I really knew the material, but this time around, I don't really have that feeling. So I will be spending time doing different lab practices with Win 7 for quite some time.

My study method was the same as usual:

Read through the training kit, and did all the excercises.
    Read through it a second time, did all the excersises, and wrote a 40-pages (yeah it was way too large, but that just shows how I was not comfortable with a lot of the material) exam cram.
    Did lab practices based on the exam cram. Took several Transcender practice exams.

Btw, this completes the MCSA 2003 for me, and I'm really content with that.