Options

MCSA/MCSE: Security worth it?

is it worth it to get the security MCSA/E?? for me i just have to pass 299

i just passed 291, i ll be taking 293 next week, then 294 and 298, after MCSE i was thinking about upgrading to 2008.. Right now i work for an it company doing basic desktop support icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    is it worth it to get the security MCSA/E?? for me i just have to pass 299

i just passed 291, i ll be taking 293 next week, then 294 and 298, after MCSE i was thinking about upgrading to 2008.. Right now i work for an it company doing basic desktop support icon_sad.gif

Granted, I have worked for Microsoft partners the last 4 years, so this might not mean much, but no one cared when I got MCSE 2000: Security and MCSA 2000/2003: Security. However, I got numerous offers, including the one I took when I changed jobs recently, that MCITP: EA did help me get. The other certs that helped with that were VCP, MCITP: EMA, and MCSE in that order.

With that said, it is only one exam and it wouldn't take much if anything to prep for it if you're already sitting 298, and you have the free retake promo.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Jonny70Jonny70 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FYI - the free retake promo ends June 30, 2010. I realize this thread was from a while ago, but if you haven't made a decision you might want to factor this deadline in.