Options

BCMSN and Wireless

kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
Hey guys. Had a question. I'm finishing up my studies/reading for the BCMSN exam book. I have a pretty good grasp on most of the topics but right now i'm in the wireless section of the book. I've read before that some people felt like that the cisco press material really did not prepare you for the exam. Has anybody had a similar experiance or can offer me some advice for good study material on the wireless portion of the exam?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    I don't think the cert guide covered some of the wireless questions I saw in the switch exam..
    I find the cisco web site to be a good resource for wiresless :D
  • Options
    Did you feel as though it was totally off? something you just didn't expect? Also when you took the exam what study materials did you use. I'm currently using Cisco Press. Do you recommend anything else especially for practice test.
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    I also had questions on the BCMSN exam which were not mentioned in the study-guide. And some questions about QoS...
    But if you are well prepared on the other topics, dropping a few points on the wireless section or QoS will not hurt much.
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    netn3rdnetn3rd Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sett wrote: »
    I also had questions on the BCMSN exam which were not mentioned in the study-guide. And some questions about QoS...
    But if you are well prepared on the other topics, dropping a few points on the wireless section or QoS will not hurt much.

I pretty much agree. I think the exam blueprint and the cert guide are pretty shameful in what they leave out. How do they expect you to study when some stuff just flat out isn't listed? Some of the crap on the BCMSN exam is really dumb... I will say this though... I bought Chris Bryant's package after failing BSCI on my first attempt and he covers what is missing from the cert guide in the wireless section of the BCMSN exam. Aside from the deficiencies in wireless, the cert guide is pretty good. BCMSN is also pretty easy, so I agree that dropping a couple points on wireless wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip on the Bryant Advantage. I was looking to buy that in the next week once i finish the wireless portion and spend a month of just Labing, review, and taking practice tests. Sounds like it's worth the Money.